添加收藏 联系方式
首页
如何学英语
英语语法
英语初级
英语小说
趣味英语
听歌学英语
电影学英语
 您当前位置:免费学英语 -> 英语小说-> 中英对照
爱要怎么说出口 11-13
放大字体显示 缩小字体显示 打印文章
  "Alice," he cried out. "Alice!?" No response. Alan began to run.

爱丽丝,”他喊道,“爱丽丝!”没有回音。阿兰开始跑了起来。

It was only when he was back at the front door of the monastery that he realized there was one place he had not been to. His heart thumping and his throat dry, he went down the steps.

正当他惊恐地返回到那座庙的前门时,他意识到还有一个地方他没有去找。他的心砰砰直跳,嗓子发干。他走下台阶。

Now he ran eagerly forward, pushing his way through the foliage. He gave a gasp of relief. She was there, lying on the pine needles.

他急不可待地跑上前,推开树叶,看到她在那里,躺在松叶上,心里松了一口气。

"Alice."

“爱丽丝。”

She woke slowly, sleepily, stretching in the sun. "Sorry-I fell asleep."

她慢慢地醒来了,睡眼朦朦地在太阳下伸伸懒腰。“对不起——我睡着了。”

"Where the hell have you been?"

“你究竟到哪里去了?”

"I went for a walk."

“我出去走了走。”

He held up the bracelet and the ring. "I found these." He was angry, positive. She looked away. "Come on .Why did you do it?" I've been searching for you. I thought--I thought you'd been kidnapped or something. Been hurt?

他举起手镯和戒指。“我找到了这些东西。”他很生气,这一点是肯定的。她转移了视线。“得了吧,你为什么这样做?我一直在找你,我还以为——我还以为你被绑架或者别的什么了呢。受到了什么伤害了吗?”

   "I'm sorry."

“对不起。”

"That's not enough."

“说‘对不起’就够了。”

"I laid a trail."

“我留有痕迹。”

"You did what?"He was outraged.

“你到底做了什么呀?”他怒气冲冲的。

"I wanted you to find me."

“我想让你找我。”

"I was terrified-I thought-"

“我当时很害怕——我还以为——”

"I'm sorry." She stood up. "I suppose I wanted to frighten you."

“对不起,”她站起来。“我想我原来只想吓唬吓唬你。”

"Why ?" he barked at her.

“为什么?”他大声问道。

She looked away again. "I didn't think you wanted me any more."

她又一次转移了目光。“我还以为你不会再要我了呢。”

"Wanted you?"

“要你?”

"You haven't spoken to me. You seemed so cold. Indifferent somehow."

“你没有对我说过,你似乎很冷淡,在某种程度上无动于衷。”

"But it's you who were indifferent."

“可无动于衷的是你。”

She looked genuinely amazed."I don't know what you're talking about."

她看上去真的很吃惊。“我真不知道你在说什么。”

"I thought you wanted Tom. Didn't want to be with me."His voice broke.

“我还以为你想要汤姆,不想和我在一块哩。”他的声音沙哑。

"I thought you found him-more fun."

“我还以为你找他——开心去了呢。”

"Him? Oh, he's a baby. I was lonely, I suppose. You seemed so fed up with me. I didn't realized it would -oh , Alan." She got up and drew him to her , kissing him so hard on the lips."You are such a bloody fool." I love you-don't you know?

“他?噢,他还是一个小毛孩子。我很孤独,我想,你好像很烦我,我没有意识到那么——噢,阿兰。”她站起来,将他拉向自己,深深地吻起了他的嘴唇。“你真是个大傻瓜。我爱你——难道你不知道吗?”

"Why did you come here?"he asked.

“你怎么来到这了?”他问道。

"I was wandering about. I couldn't sleep. Look-"She knelt down and stared at the Latin inscription on the two solitary graves."Who are they?"she asked.

“我是随便走走。我睡不着。瞧——”她跪下来,盯着前面的两座孤坟的拉丁碑文问道:“他们是什么人?”

"I don't know. I've often wondered. Dom Carols Fuenta --he's definitely a monk. But the odd thing is that he's buried alongside a woman." He paused and then went on. "Maria Degardes. He was buried in 1892. She was in 1894."

“我不知道。我也总是想知道。多姆·卡罗斯·福恩塔——他肯定是一个和尚,但奇怪的是,他和一个女人葬在一起。”他暂停了一下,然后接着说道:“玛丽姬·德加斯。他葬于1892年,而她葬于1894年。”

"Were they lovers?"

“他们是情人吗?”

"I used to make up stories that they were."

“我过去经常想给他们编编故事。”

"I was just thinking. A silly thought. I expect you'll laugh."

“我刚才在想。是一个愚蠢的想法,我想你会笑我的。”

"Try me."

“说说看。”

"Suppose we lived here for the rest of our lives and when we died we were buried here. But in one grave. Together."

“假如我们今后生活在这里,我们死后就埋在这里,但要在一块。合葬。”

Alan took Alice's face in his hands and kissed her on the lips.

阿兰双手捧起爱丽丝的脸,在她的嘴唇上亲吻起来。
       
热门文章
·双语新闻-2010-11-05
·青春
·经典的英语美文
·the hand of God ?--上帝之手?
·爱要怎么说出口 1-4
·最后一课
·真正的生活
·双语新闻2010-11-02
·八十天环游地球-第01章
·双语新闻
·微笑
·And ain’t I a woman?
·八十天环游地球-第04章
·爱要怎么说出口 11-13
·银行抢劫案
相关主题
  • 美丽人生
  • 青春
  • the hand of God ?--上帝之手?
  • And ain’t I a woman?
  • Ole and Trufa
  • 打印  刷新   返回顶部  关闭